Friday, December 18, 2009

Sunshine!

Finally, today the sun started shining. I don't think I've seen the Texas sun since I arrived a week ago.  It was nice to have cold weather, but it's my opinion that if it's cold and wet, it should be snowing!  Though with all my complaining about the rain, it was amazing to fall asleep to the drizzle the other night.  It wasn't raining hard, just enough so that I could hear the dripping off the roof outside my window.

So what's going on right now-hmm. Well, we're still trying to get the house back in order after our whirlwind rennovation this summer.  There were some kinks in the plan, and we're still putting down the tile floors.  At the rate we're going, we WILL have a livingroom for Christmas! That is very good news, as we have been without one for about four months now.

While it's tiring to have to get up and get to work every morning, it is kinda nice to do some physical labor.  I'm rather pitiful and don't do much during the semester. (Hoping to change that this coming semester though.)  It's a nice change from sitting in hour long lectures every day. Sore muscles are a nuisance sometimes, but other times it feels kinda nice.  A reminder I've accomplished something.

I'm leaving this weekend to spend three days in Mississippi.  I'm happy to be going, because a good friend of mine is getting married.  They are the cutest couple and I wish them every happiness.  But it cuts some time from my break here. And, being very much human as I am, I am getting a tad jealous.  Sigh.  One day.

I was reminded this week that I'm not a very patient person.  While having to wait on an answer, the later in the day it got, the more disappointed and irritable I became.  Hopefully my impatience will get better as time goes on.  I've been waiting for some things a very long time, and some things I will have to wait a bit longer for. Sigh again.

I have an itch to go skiing.  Really bad!!! Every time someone mentions snow or skiing, I want to pack up right now and head north/west.  I would love to get a trip together for this spring break, but I'm afraid I can't find anyone actually willing to go.  I've had a few "that sounds like a good idea"s, but no takers yet. So, guess I keep looking at options and begging people to go with me.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday.  It was nice to chat for a while about different things going on in our lives.  I do worry that I talk about me too much.  But then again, I worry about everything-talking too much, too little, too shallow subjects, too deep subjects.  There's that moderation thing that keeps popping up wherever I look.

Ah well, my break is over and I should get back to work.

No comments: