Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Me!

This is me.  I'm not apologizing anymore for the way I am.  It's my personality, my characteristics, my likes and dislikes, and my quirks.  I like me.  If you don't, that's ok too. Take it or leave it.  I'm fine with you disagreeing, but don't expect me to change just because I don't agree with you.  So many times I try to change myself just to suit other people, but it never works.  The people who love exactly how I am are the people who belong in my life. 

I'm short.  I like being short.  It's never an issue for me, though it seems to bother other people sometimes.  I can wear fabulously high heels.  I love shoes.  All kinds, but especially heels.  Three inches plus, please.  I'm blond with red highlights.  Forget all the stereotypes about blonds.  I don't fit those.  Ok, so I have blond moments, but everyone does, no matter what color your hair is.  I love the red in my hair.  It gives it depth and spunk and personality.  I have hazel eyes that sometimes change depending on what I'm wearing.  I love when they're blueish green and bright green.  My favorite things about my appearance are my eyes, my hair (some days), and my legs.  Random, I know.  I also like randomness and the variety it adds to my life.

I'm part southern belle, part rock and roll, and lots country.  I grew up in a place that was 15 minutes from a loaf of bread, as my dad would say.  A fur piece from town.  I loved it and someday I hope to go back to living that way.  For now, I get as close as I can to that.  Being outside and hearing only sounds that belong to nature is pretty much the most amazing thing ever.  You can't beat it.  I love walking out my door at night and being able to see a multitude of stars shining so bright.  Every sunset I see never fails to amazes me.  I love to appreciate what God has made. 

I'm pretty much a walking contradiction.  I like to dress up, but I like to get dirty too.  I'm quiet and shy, but also crazy and loud.  I'm really sweet, but also really sarcastic.  I like plays, orchestras, and museums, but also guns, fireworks, and 4-wheelers.  I can be the happiest person in the room, or the moodiest.  I have an immense capacity for compassion, but can also shut down and pull away from people.

I love to read Christian fiction and classics.  Fiction is my favorite though.  I like books that grab your attention and force you to stay up until 3am if you have to in order to find out what happens at the end.  I like books where the characters face problems similar to mine, and come out better for it in the end. I've loved to read since I was little.  My mother taught me to read and instilled in me a love for books that stems from her own.  I hope to teach my children to read and give them that same devotion to reading.

I have singular focus when it comes to something I'm invested in.  I go at it with everything I've got.  This applies to relationships, hobbies, or goals.  Some people would say this is good, some bad, and some indifferent.  I'm indifferent I guess.  It's good sometimes, not so good others, but it's how I am.  I have incredible passion and can't give anything less.  This intensity and commitment will pay off someday.  Of that I'm sure.

I have several quirks or pet-peeves.  I can't stand for the egg carton in the refrigerator to be unbalanced.  I don't take from just one side, I take equally from both sides.  Or equally from the center.  Also, I can't stand for the toilet paper to unroll from the bottom.  I like when people bounce their leg.  It's soothing, I think because my dad does that a lot.  I do it too.  Motion puts me to sleep.  I cannot, absolutely cannot stand when people mispronounce the word "figure."  They say "figger."  No.  It's "figUre."  Also "nuclear" as "nucular."  Wrong.  Learn how to speak, please.

People think I'm a quiet, shy good little girl when they first meet me.  While I guess that's true sometimes, it's not a complete picture of me.  I can be a little firecracker when I choose to be.

There are lots of things I want to accomplish in my life.  I want to get my private pilot's license.  I want to learn to ride a dirt bike, then a motorcycle, and eventually own one.  Not a Harley or anything, but a sport bike.  Like the Honda CBR6000.  I want to visit all 50 states and as many countries in the world that I can.  Especially Italy.  I've always wanted to go there for some reason.  Which leads to another thing I want to do: Drive a Lambourghini Spyder.  Ah-mazing.  (I like to go fast.)  I want to learn to crochet.  I want to read over 150 books in one year (my record is 100, I believe).  I want to learn how to shoot better.  Go hunting a little more.  I want to be an amazing wife and mother. I want to have a job where I make a difference to people.  I don't want to just blend in the background.

 


4 comments:

M.E. said...

Girl I love you just the way you are!!! I am just the same way about the eggs, I take equally from both sides or the middle and i'm also the same way about the toilet paper. I can't stand it when the toilet paper comes out from the bottom! I also shake my leg just like you lol. I really enjoyed this blog post!

katsminis said...

Wow! My little firecracker is back!!! I love you just the way you are when you are true to yourself.

Anonymous said...

leaving you a link to mine.

Mississippi Girl said...

Thanks! Good, now I have another blog to follow! :)