Monday, May 10, 2010

Outside My Window


All is right in my world at the moment. I'm sitting on the deck of the condo we rented in Pensacola, Fl, drinking a Frappuccino and watching the sunset. The picture above is what I'm looking at right this moment. Just factor in the sound of the waves and the salty breeze coming off the water. My dad is grilling hamburgers on the deck too. Smells heavenly. It's going to be a great week with my family leading up to me little brother graduating. I can hardly believe he's old enough to graduate and go to college this year. I'm hoping we get to hang out a good bit this summer before he goes off and forgets about his big sis. He's pretty cool most of the time. We went for a walk on the beach last night. It was fun just goofing off and talking. He thought it was entertaining watching me avoid the ghost crabs. Those things kinda creep me out. They look like spiders.

Things I love about the beach:
The smell of the air- It's salty and humid.
The sound of the waves- The gentle roar is a constant reminder of where you are.
Sand- As much as I don't like it all in my bathingsuit, I do like it under my feet. And I love that it's pure white.
Relaxing atmosphere- When I'm at the beach, I'm almost never in a hurry. Life is better when it's slowed down a notch every now and then.
Great pictures- Hopefully, I'll get a chance to take some great pictures while we're here.
Great food- Grilled food, seafood, desserts, and popcicles are some of the great food we have at the beach.
Time to think- Usually this is a good thing. Sometimes not at first, but after I take the time to work through all my thoughts and feelings, I always feel a great deal better.
Time to write- As I'm doing now, I try to take time to write while I'm here. Life gets busy and I don't have too much time during the school year.
Possible para-sailing?- Maybe... :)

No comments: