Friday, August 28, 2009

Right Here Right Now

I had a great day today, despite having to get up at 6:30 to make it to my 8 o'clock class. I have an hour to kill between classes, so I went to the library to get some hot tea for a sore throat, and sat outside reading. It was very pretty weather today so sitting outside was really nice. I got to a really sad part in my book and had to tell myself not to cry! It's a good thing I've read it twice before, so I was able to read it fast and not bawl like I did the first two times.

After classes, I had lunch with my very bestest friend. We talked for hours! It was great. And after she left, I got a message from another friend, so I went to hang out with her for a while. I love my friends!

My mom and brother have been in and out of the house this week. My brother is a senior in high school, so they came out to look at schools in the area. It's been nice having them here. I love it here in Mississippi, and it's good to have almost everyone here. Oh, and good news! My dad will be coming home from overseas soon! We're not sure exactly when just yet, but I'm really glad he's coming home. He's been working overseas for two and a half years now. I miss him terribly.

As I was having lunch with my bestest best friend today, we started talking about where we are in life, and where we're headed. I realized (not for the first time) that I am constantly living in the future. I keep waiting for something to happen. Whether it's next weekend, six months from now, or a year down the road. I'm always waiting for the next big thing to happen. I think I'm missing so much that's going on right here and now. There are amazing things that happen everyday, but if you're not looking for them, they will pass by unnoticed. I guess it's all about being content. Being happy with whatever situation you find yourself in. Paul said he had learned how to be content. That gives me hope, because if it was something that was supposed to come natural, I'd be out of luck. But it's something that I can work on and learn. So I need to be happy being me, and being where I am, and being happy with the people who are in my life right now. I shouldn't worry about those who have moved on or those yet to come.

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 (NAS)

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6 (NAS)

~*~

No comments: