Monday, October 19, 2009

A Change

I don't know whether it's the weather, or just that I desperately need a change, but I've decided I'm tired of being depressed and upset about eveything. I'm ready to be happy again. So with the beautiful weather comes a change of attitude. I've been focusing on everything that's been wrong in my life. Granted, everything's not perfect, but it never is, nor ever will be. For me, or for anyone. But when I started to look at things with a different perspective today, things really aren't that bad. I have lots of things going for me and I'm really blessed. I have amazing family that loves me, and incredible friends that are there with me through whatever comes as well. This alone should make me grateful. I focus on my future a lot (as any college student does) and all I see sometimes is uncertainty. That uncertainty could be interpreted as opportunity. There's almost endless possiblilities for things I can do with my life. I can go anywhere and do anything that I want to. I have mulititudes of chances to make a difference in people and am going to take those chances when they come. So instead of freaking out because things aren't going the way I think they should, maybe I should look at what's happening and know it's for the best, however it turns out.

I'm also giving up coke. (As in the soda lol.) I think I'll function better without it and it gets expensive when you add it all up. Detoxing should be interesting, however. lol. So we'll see how that goes.

Hope if you are reading this that you are having a good day, and if not, don't worry-things will get better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I will pray for Rebecca, Andra, and Morgan...and for anyone else close to you during the detox!!! Glad to see the attitude change!!! Waiting for my smiling, happy Katie Nic!!! Love you! Mary

katsminis said...

That's the daughter that I know, glad she's back. Tell that alter-ego to take a hike!

Mississippi Girl said...

I think I may be bipolar because I'm ridiculously happy today for no apparent reason...

katsminis said...

Uh-oh, are you skipping and singing "Mares eat oats"?

Mississippi Girl said...

Skipping, yes. Singing, yes. Just not that song... I should be worried, shouldn't I? :/
Oh well. The happiness continues at least. :)