Monday, February 28, 2011

Right Now

Things on my mind right now:

1) Photography.  I want to take more pictures.  I see pictures that other people have taken and I'm jealous. And in awe.  And it makes me happy.  I haven't even picked up my camera in weeks.  Sad.

2) Homeschooling.  Begin in college now, and about to graduate, I haven't thought much about it recently. I almost miss it. Weird.  Never thought I'd say that.  But I was reading The Pioneer Woman blog tonight (which is an awesome blog, btw. thepioneerwoman.com) and there was a post from her daughter about homeschooling.  There aren't many things I've passionate about, but this is one of them.  I lived through all my school years homeschooling and loved it.  I never wished to be in public school.  And when people throw the "problems" with homeschooling in my face, I get really defensive and want to tear into someone.  Especially the "homeschoolers are socially disadvantaged" argument.  It doesn't hold water.  Do you know how many public or private school kids I've met that are socially awkward?  It doesn't matter where you went to school, it matters how you were raised. So it's a terrible argument.  I want to homeschool my kids. I realize that everyone will oppose that, possibly even my spouse at first, but it's something I feel strongly about.  My mom and dad will be the biggest supporters though.  My mom knows first-hand all the trials and rewards involved.  She's the reason I want to homeschool my kids.

3) Pizza: With a side of ranch, is in the fridge that is calling my name.

No comments: