Thursday, July 7, 2016

Itty Bitty Living Space


This is our new home for the next few months.  It's been a long, hard summer so far, but suffice it to say, we are so glad to have the opportunity to live here!  We are basically tiny house living for a while!

We have only been in the camper for a couple weeks now, and I am sure we will learn lots about living in a small space.  I do have to say, that my parent's house is right next door, which is wonderful when we need a break from the smallness, or have a problem (like no A/C last night!) and can go stay at the house. So grateful for them!

So far, so good! We like our little space.  There is lots of storage for our essentials.  We have all our furniture and non-essentials in storage, and just brought what we need for a few months in the camper.  I think these weeks ahead will teach us that we can live with a lot less stuff than we are used to.  This year especially, I have focused on pairing down on the stuff, and keeping only the things that are useful and that I love.  It has been freeing!  I have also made a little money along the way by selling things I didn't need anymore- upwards of $100!

Whether you live in 2,000 sq. ft. or 200, make the most of the space you have.  It feels so good to have things organized and put together.  It is hard work and always a work in progress, but worth it in the end.

No comments: