Saturday, June 18, 2011

Perseverance!

My perseverance in job hunting finally paid off!  I accepted a job offer last week.  I was so happy and excited to finally have a job and a way to support myself.  The things that are going to happen next in my life are pretty exciting.

For this job I have to go to training.  It will be about a month long.  I will be training in Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Nashville, and Portland.  I'm looking forward to the travel and meeting new people.  The only drawback is possibly being gone three or four weeks straight.  I'm gonna miss him a lot!  But we'll make it through alright.

I'm going Monday to look for an apartment.  I've been looking around on the internet for several days.  I found one place that looked amazing.  Too good to be true.  It was a huge one bedroom apartment for $200 less than I thought I would have to pay.  Well, after I read some reviews on it, I think it really is too good to be true.  About 4 reviews mentioned cars being broken into, and another mentioned a shooting!  Not exactly what I'm looking for.  I'll see all the law enforcement I need to see when my guy and I hang out (he's a deputy, if you're wondering).  I don't need them all around my apartment complex!  Luckily, I've located another complex with some really great floorplans.  I'll even get a room for an office here.  Rent is a little more that I'd like to pay, but I'll deal with it to live in a safe and nice place.

I've been trying to figure out my financial situation.  All the numbers and calculations, budgets, bank accounts, credit cards and insurance is making my head spin!  I've about got it all figured out now though.  At least for the moment.  I found a nifty Excel template to use for my budget.  You can find it here.

I guess that's about all for now.  Adios.

2 comments:

Mrs.H said...

You hardly ever see a budget spreadsheet with a line item for tithes. Maybe I should create one for general use and post it as a downloadable on the church website. Now that's an idea. Thanks!

Mary said...

Wish I could see the apartment! I hope you will have a little time for sightseeing in Philly. What a great opportunity...I am so happy for you as you begin this job!