Monday, September 28, 2015

27!


Today I turned 27!  A birthday is a good time for reflection and being thankful, so that's what I thought I'd share with you today.

Some people, the older they get, worry about their age.  Each birthday is dreaded, and they don't like telling others their age.  I don't feel that way, at least not yet.  I don't see anything wrong with being a year older.  Sure, there are a few things I wish I could change- my weight, those small wrinkles popping up, being able to scarf down a Baconator and large fries without worrying what it will do to me.  Despite those things, I am content.

This is a big deal for me, because I have always been one to miss the past or yearn for the future. Even though there are hard things in my life, I can honestly say that I am happy where I am.  I love our little family, consisting of my husband and our two silly puppies.  There are things I don't love about our apartment complex, but I love our cozy apartment.

I am thankful to have my family close, and my husband's family pretty close too.  It has been a blessing to develop a friendship with my mother and mother-in-law.  I don't have a ton of friends, but the ones I have are true friends, and will be there for me no matter what.

Of course there are things I look forward to in the future, and I will continue to dream and plan.  But I love just where I am right now.