Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Why I Gave Up Plastic Containers

Not too long ago, I made the decision to throw out all my plastic food storage containers.  They are so convenient, and you can even get some for free if you buy lunch meat from certain brands, but I have a couple reasons why I decided to throw them out. 

First reason is that they seem to grow exponentially and they NEVER stay organized.  Ugh.  I hate that. 

Second, is that they stain and do funky things when you put certain foods in them.  They are hard to get really clean!  Yuck.

Third, when I heat my food up in them, the food tastes like plastic! Also yuck.

So, that is why I decided to switch to glass food containers.  I wasn't able to do this until Christmas, because I asked for some Pyrex glass containers for Christmas. So yay!!!

I feel like this is one small decision to make my life a little easier and maybe healthier too!

No comments: