Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Clingy?!?

I think I have come to the realization that I am clingy. :/ Not something I have aspired to be, and I have denied it before, but I think I am. But is it my personality or just a part of being a female? I know that I tend to be singular in my focus when it comes to something I feel strongly about. It's like I wrap my whole life around that focus. Sometimes it's an activity, sometimes an object, or sometimes a person. In the case of a person, a guy to be exact, I think about him all the time, want to talk or see him as much as I can. I tend to mesh everything together and incorporate him into my life. I want to text often, telling him everything that's going on in my life at that particular moment. I think that's part of being female, connecting everything together, like spaghetti (see previous blog post here if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about). Guys, on the other hand, tend to compartmentalize, like waffles. Work is one thing, family another, and girl yet another. Can you see how this might lead to frustration? The girl gets put out when she doesn't hear from the guy as much as she thinks she should. She feels forgotten about. The guy doesn't understand why she's aggravated, he was busy. Surely she could understand that. And the girl thinks, "Well, I was busy too, but I still found time to talk to you!" Oh my. Well, based on this, I'm thinking "clingy-ness" is a part of being female. Not every girl is always clingy, or as clingy as others, but I still think it happens. So, I guess it takes patience and the girl's part, and understanding on the guys. Just one of those differences that we have to learn how to deal with and compromise. What do you think?

No comments: