Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sunsets


I looked out the kitchen window this evening while I was cooking supper and I just had to step outside and take a few pictures. I always try to capture the sunset in a picture, but it never comes out quite like it is in person. These are pretty close though.

Sunsets never seem to last long enough. The colors change so rapidly that in just a little while everything turns to night. Seems like some things in my life are sunsets. They don't last long enough, and then everything turns to night. Night isn't a bad thing, as long as the stars are out, but it seems to go on forever sometimes. Sometimes I wish I could capture those things like I try to capture the sunset. But, like the picture, it won't be quite like the original.



~*~

1 comment:

Rachael Ross Newman said...

That's part of the magic of sunsets. Not being able to replicate them with our humanness. A lady I work with painted a picture of a sunset last week. It was pretty if you had never seen the picture from which she painted it. And the picture was pretty if you had never seen the original made by the Creator.