Saturday, July 25, 2009

R&R

~*~
This week we've been working hard in the house (as we have all summer). We have gotten a lot accomplished, but it's been pretty tiring. My dad came home from England yesterday, and tomorrow we are going to a cabin in the Hill Country for a few days for some R&R and to spend some time with my dad. When he comes home, there is always so much to do that he leaves even more tired than he was when he got here. It will be nice to spend some time together as a family. As we get older and grow up, it gets harder for all of us to get together at the same time. Right now, there are three households that have to coordinate in order for us to be together. Someone told me recently that we're complicated and I agree!

I personally am looking forward to no facebook, no phone, and no stress. I want to spend the day sleeping, reading, eating, and doing lots of nothing. I need to take some time for me to let go of things I've been worrying about, and find my upbeat attitude again. It's gotten lost here in the past few days. The world isn't coming to an end just because things aren't working out the way I want them to. Plus, in the grand scheme of things, my dramas aren't really that big. It only seems that way at the moment. I think I know what will help...reading Pride and Prejudice again. Jane Austen always makes me feel better. :)
~*~

No comments: