Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Gift Guide



Do you have all your Christmas shopping done yet? I am almost done! Just a couple small things left, then wrapping!

If you are in need of some last minute gift ideas, here are a few to get you started:


Support small businesses:  If you need a last minute gift, consider buying from a small business!  Whether it's the little store downtown, or a friend who has a direct sales business, it's easy to buy local!  You are also supporting a family instead of a large company.  That makes me feel good about what I am buying.

DIY it: There are SO many great ideas for DIY Christmas gifts!  Just Google it, or search Pinterest.  You'll be sure to find the perfect gift for that hard-to-buy-for friend or family member.  There are even great ideas for guys too!

Consumable gifts: Everyone these days has too much stuff!  Why not give the gift of a consumable?  For the years that have been lean (like this one!), I do a Christmas tin full of goodies for family.  I can get tins or baskets at the Dollar Store, and the ingredients to make candy or baked goods are usually pretty affordable.  This year, I made white chocolate truffles, candied peanuts, and salted caramel oyster crackers.  The recipients love my homemade treats, and it is still a thoughtful gift. You can also do something like a sauce or spice rub.  I have done both in the past, and had good success.  Beauty products are also a hit.  I made my own shaving lotion/ hand cream last year and scented it with peppermint oil.  Even my dad loved it!  Especially in the winter when you have dry, cracked skin, it's great.  Search Pinterest for some great ideas!

Here's a free tip: buy brown shipping paper at the Dollar Store to use for wrapping, and decorate with ribbon and metallic sharpies! Super cute and very affordable!

No comments: