Friday, December 4, 2015

Getting in the Christmas Spirit



I am strictly a no-Christmas-before-Thanksgiving kind of girl.  You know what they say about elves and baby reindeer... So, now that it after Thanksgiving: Bring it on!  Some years it takes me a couple weeks to really get in the mood for Christmas.  Some years, I get right into it.  I am kind of in between this year.  I have been really busy this past weekend and week, so it has been interesting to get my Christmas decorating done (started Wednesday night, still isn't done).  We are also in the midst of Finals Week for my husband, which is lots of studying and me trying to stay out of the way. Even though I've been busy and tired, I really am eager to get everything decorated, and I've started listening to Christmas music!  One of my regular stations is playing Christmas music all month long.

I love all the nostalgia that comes with the Christmas season.  I love helping my mom decorate her house for Christmas (Which we will finish this Saturday!).  Putting up our family tree brings back lots of memories, as the dated ornaments remind us of different events and happenings in our family.  I love the decorations that were around during every Christmas growing up, like our Santa house and snowy church.  Brings about warm memories and feelings.

I am working to create the same feeling with my Christmas decorations, but it takes a while to get to where I want to be.  Working with limited funds, I have to be creative in selecting those decorations that my future kids will remember fondly for years to come.  I am happy with our Christmas tree (though it could be bigger!) this year.  I will post about our tree later.

I also mailed out my Christmas cards yesterday.  First year I have done Christmas cards! Plus, I got them for free plus shipping from Shutterfly. Yay for a good deal!

What are you doing to get in the Christmas spirit this year?


No comments: