Thursday, December 17, 2015

Our Christmas Tree Story


Here is a picture of our Christmas tree this year!  Since moving back to an apartment last year (in December!), I didn't think we would have a lot of room for a tree, so I bought a tiny little 4 ft. tree.  This year, we upgraded to a 6 ft skinny tree!  I love how it turned out.

I shared in a previous post about my parent's Christmas tradition of buying an ornament for each year and adding it to their tree.  We have also followed this tradition!  Here are pictures of our ornaments so far!


 2010:  This is the year we met and started dating.  Jason came with me to Texas to meet my parents and we took a trip to the Alamo in San Antonio.  While browsing the gift shop, we came across this ornament and decided to get it.  We both had an idea that we were going to be together. :)


 2011:  We found this little guy at Tuesday Morning.  He's handmade in Germany!  We just thought that was cool.  We were engaged when we got this ornament.



2012:  We got married!  This was a wedding gift we received, and it 
was the perfect ornament for that year.  


 2013: I got this little owl from an ornament swap we had at the bank I worked for.  He's special because he's from The Mustard Seed, a community for adults with disabilities, where they can live, learn, and grow.  They make ceramics to sell to the public to support the ministry.  Each ceramic has the date and the name of the Seedster who made it! I have several pieces from them, and want more!
You can check out their website at www.mustardseedinc.org for more info!



 2014:  There were big changes for us in 2014!  We decided to leave the Jackson, MS area and move back to Starkville!  This ornament was actually given to us at our wedding, but we decided it was the perfect ornament for 2014.

We don't have a 2015 ornament yet, but when we do, I will update this post!!!


Here are a few other special ornaments that made the cut onto our tree this year:

 This one is special because it was made for me by a friend.  She used our wedding invitation to create the scrolls of paper, added some sparklies, and embellished with a ribbon (in our wedding color: Maroon!) and our last name initial.  I love it!  

I also have an ornament with dried rose leaves from my wedding bouquet.  I forgot to get a picture of it though!






 All of these ornament above are from Austria!  My family made a trip to Austria in 2009 (I believe) around Christmastime.  The Austrians decorate the whole city of Vienna and in the squares set up Christmas markets, and I bought these at one of the markets.  It was an awesome, once in a lifetime, trip for our family.


Our tree topper is new this year.  My mom and I embroidered this angel on her sewing machine, then assembled her.  I absolutely love my angel tree topper!

That's a peek at our humble little tree.  What is special about your Christmas tree this year?

No comments: