Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Update on My Mornings

I mentioned last week that I am doing a 14 day eCourse called "Make Over Your Mornings" by Crystal Paine.  The purpose of the course is to help you make the most of the time you have during the morning to set your day up for success.

I am on Day 9 today.  I have learned a lot so far, and tried to implement the great tips and ideas that Crystal outlines in the short videos and companion guide.

I haven't been terribly successful yet, however. I am still waking up at the last possible second, rushing to get ready, and heading to work.  I do have some quiet time when I get to work, which has helped, but I still want that time at home instead.

I think a large part of the reason I haven't been successful in getting up on time is that I don't go to bed early enough.  This past weekend, I went to the beach with my sister and her two friends.  It was a great weekend and very relaxing, but we didn't get much sleep while we were there.  Yesterday, it was all I could do to not nod off on my desk at work!  I was so tired.  So I promised myself I would go to sleep early last night.  I did fall asleep on the couch around 9, but woke back up again, and didn't get into bed until 11:30 or later.  Then when my alarm went off at 7:15, I still felt like a zombie.

I will probably do this course again for another 14 days, and hopefully be more successful in implementing my morning plan.

No comments: