Saturday, August 23, 2008

One down...

My first week as a sophomore is done! It was so nice to be on campus again. It's such a beautiful place. Other than being a little under the weather, it was a very good week. One down...about 16 to go! Not that I'm counting down the weeks, really. I'm ready for some awesome memories to be made this fall. From here in Mississippi, to back in Texas, and all in between. Amazing time with friends, long phone conversations, emails and text messages exchanged-it's all so great!

I have some of the greatest friends in the whole entire world!!! I got a call from a friend this morning, inviting me to lunch. I told her that I'd love to come, but that I wasn't up to going out. She responded, "Do you like chicken noodle or tomato soup? We're bringing you lunch!" How awesome! So two of my amazing friends brought lunch to my house, and even fixed it for me. :) For the record, that is one of the coolest things that anyone has ever done for me. So that makes two incredibly awesome things this week! The first was an unexpected delivery from a florist! :) God has truly blessed my life with some extraordinary people. I am so thankful!

I was walking on the Drill Field the other day, and they were cutting the grass. Last year, before I went home for Christmas, I went around campus taking pictures. I got some pretty good ones, if I do say so myself. I was thinking, as I was walking and smelling the scent of freshly cut grass, how much the campus changes with the seasons. When classes start at the beginning of the fall semester, everywhere still feels like summer. The grass on the Drill field is so green and the weather is hot! I think I'm going to take pictures of campus in every season.

I've been thinking lately about all the places I'd like to go. There are some incredible places to go and things to see in this world and I'd love to be able to see those places. But there are so many, how will I get to see them all? I've already had the opportunity to see some pretty amazing things already. Travelling has always been a dream of mine. I thank my parents for taking us to great places when we were little. And I thank God for the opportunities that He's given me already, and for those that I will hopefully get in the future. Italy is one place that is on my list. I've always love the food, the language, and the sights. I'd love to see it all firsthand one day. I'd love to go to at least one country on each continent. Antarctica might be a challenge though... :)
I also want to go to all 50 states. It's kind of a goal of mine. I've been to about 16 already. I think that there is so much history and incredible things to see right here in the US. Whatever I am able to do, I'll cherish it all!

No comments: