Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random Thoughts

*Ok, I know I've posted an awful lot lately, but I'm at home, sick, by myself, and pretty bored. There probably won't be much important in this post, so you can skip it if you like. I'll mostly be writing my random thoughts, ponderings, and probably a dose of complaining.
*So I'm sitting in the kitchen at our little table (with very comfortable-yet-stylish chairs) with my laptop (obviously). I made myself some ramen noodles because there is nothing better when you are sick than a nice bowl of ramen noodles. However, I've been back and forth between burning up and freezing, and right now I'm burning up. It is rather difficult to enjoy a steaming bowl of anything when you're hot already. It really stinks being sick the first week of classes. I'm bound and determined not to miss any classes this week. That just ruins it for the rest of the semester. Anyway, I'm tired of talking about myself (at least for the moment). ;)
*I've been following the Olympics a good bit over the past week or so. Some of those athletes are just amazing to watch. I can hardly fathom how hard these men and women have worked or how talented they are to have made it to a competition of this caliber. It really is the ultimate competition. Of course, the man everyone is talking about, Michael Phelps. He's pretty amazing to have won 8 gold metals in ONE Olympics! So he's definitely on my list of favorites. But I'd have to say one of my heroes is Shawn Johnson. She is an amazing 16-year-old gymnast who has won 3 silver metals and finally last night won her first gold in the balance beam. She has incredible skill, but I think the thing I like most about her is that she is short! Standing 4' 9" and still getting an Olympic gold metal...that's pretty awesome to me. See? Everyone who picks on my for being short, it's not a bad thing! I love being short. Oh, and I was watching a track meet yesterday, I think, and the woman who won it was an American, and the shortest woman running! Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. :)
*Today was a good day for the most part. Classes were good. Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be long days for me, even though I actually start an hour later. I guess because the classes are longer on TTh, it makes the day seem longer. And I don't have breaks between classes. Oh, one interesting thing about my trig prof (trig is a mwf class) is that she was a merchant marine. She was a part of the first group of about 10 women who learned navigational techniques. How cool is that?
*I had a very pleasant surprise today. It was unexpected and very sweet. It's so nice when something wonderful happens, especially when you aren't feeling your best.
*We have a litter of puppies at our house. We're taking care of them for about two weeks. They are beautiful! If you want to see pics of these gorgeous puppies, go to http://www.evanscreekdoxies.com/. They're the second litter listed on the puppy page. It's worth it!
*Well, I need to get my stuff gathered for tomorrow, and get in bed. I'm hoping to get to sleep early tonight.
*TTFN!

No comments: