Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Definitely Wednesday

Well, I've had a pretty interesting week so far.
It started out pretty good. Sunday morning, my sister and I visited a different church. It wasn't really different for me, because I went to First Baptist all last year, but she hadn't been before. The service was really good, even though the regular pastor didn't preach. I really like Bro. Chip. He's a great pastor. The guest speakers were really good too though. I hadn't been to a church service in a while actually, due to various circumstances, which is really, really odd for me. It made me appreciate it a little more.
Sunday afternoon, me and my sis decided to go to the student rec center on campus, because I had heard about a beginner dance class. We went, and after a good bit of awkwardness, the class got started. When the instructor explained the footwork for salsa dancing, and told everyone to get a partner, I kinda just stood there... I looked to be the only one without a partner, but luckily for me, one of the guys helping with the class volunteered. That was awesome, because I didn't really have the steps down yet, and it definitely helps dancing with a guy who knows what he's doing! We rotated partners several times, until I had introduced myself to about 20 guys, I swear. lol. It was fun. I'm going back next Sunday.
Well, yesterday proved to be rather...eventful, shall we say. It was wet, rainy, and generally a yucky day. I was driving home from class, kinda in one of those oblivious moods...not a good thing when you're driving... Yes, you can probably tell where I'm headed with this. I rear ended someone. The wet roads didn't allow me to stop in time and bang, I ran into the car in front of me. Not a good way to end off the day. Oh well. No one was hurt, and my car was still in one piece...I take that back. It was actually in four pieces. One of the cops (the younger, cuter one) was nice enough to pick up my licence plate, and two other plastic pieces from my crappy plastic car out of the road. It's still drivable though, so that's good.
I was sitting in the kitchen just now, drinking a cup of hot tea (berry flavored) when a sudden melancholy hit me. Maybe because I'm trying to study for my psychology test... Or maybe because I miss some pretty special people. It's hard being away from home. I didn't struggle with this so much last year, I don't know why it's a major issue this year. Part of growing up, I suppose. On that note, I need to get back to neurons, the cerebellum, and biopsychology, but I'll leave you with a rather comical picture I took the other day:

Wicket was trying to read Chaucer...

Homework puts me to sleep too, Wicket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, home misses you too! I'm not sure why, but this year IS different. At least your week was interesting and not boring.

Love my MS girls!!!