Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Que Sera Sera"

I just spent a quiet, peaceful, wonderful evening at home by myself. My sister was gone for the evening, so I had the house to myself. Depending on what kind of mood you are in, that can be good or it can be miserable. Thankfully, I was in very pleasant humor, a far cry from the past few days. More on that later. I decided to put on my favorite movie, Pride and Prejudice (the 1940s version), and give myself a manicure and a peticure. I sat in the floor of the livingroom doing my nails, drinking sweet tea, and listening to the sound of raindrops outside. I cannot tell you how much pleasure those simple things gave me, nor how much I needed a night like tonight. And of course, I documented my wonderful evening, and will share with all of you. :)




Before...




After! Now I have red nails and the attitude to match! (Girls, y'all will know what I'm talking about. I don't think you guys will have a clue.)


I was talking to my mom on the phone tonight. We had a great conversation not just about general topics, but some good stuff. She said a phrase I've not heard in a long time, but it just fit what I've been thinking about and dealing with recently: "Que Sera Sera." It's Spanish and means "What will be, will be." It is even the name of a song. When she said that, it was one of those things where you stop and say, "Hmm..." It just epitomized the conclusion I've reached, even the reason for my good mood. I have to not concentrate and worry about things in my life I have no control over. What will be, will be. The things I can control, I need to do my best to improve. This whole concept isn't new, just new at this stage in my life, if that makes sense.

It rained again today, but I had a different perspective of the rain this time. It was soothing, refreshing, and welcomed. I got a quick shower on the way to English Lit this morning, but that wasn't a bad thing because it's pretty hot in the classroom. This evening, listening to the sound of the rain outside was so...theraputic almost. Later tonight, I went out on the patio, and just stood there, in the quiet-but-not-so-quiet of the night. It was sprinkling, and I let the tiny raindrops fall on me. It felt almost like tiny kisses all over my arms and face. That combined with the sound and the smell was blissful. I thank God for the rain!


Right now I'm watching Sara Palin's speech from the RNC. I'll let you know my opinion of that later. :)


Buenas noches!

1 comment:

The SBGs said...

Kaitlyn,

You have grown into an AMAZING woman. WOWW!!! I have watched you grow and morph into such a wonderfully made woman! WOWW! If only my girls can be like Kaitlyn when they grow up!!!

xxoo-
Mary