Saturday, September 6, 2008

So It Begins

Tonight was the first home football game of the season. After a disappointing defeat last weekend, we were really ready for tonight's game. When my sister and I arrived on campus, you could definitely tell that it is football season. There were people talegating everywhere and there was a sea of maroon walking down the sidewalk. And then I hear the glorious sound of ringing cowbells...ah, I had forgotten how much I love going to games! We met up with some friends, and after stopping by the BSU tailgate, we headed to the gate. Now, I must say that cowbells are illegal in the stadium, and have been for years...BUT, it's only an official rule really. They've never done anything about students who stash them in a purse or back pocket even. Well, when we got to the gate there was a long line, which I thought was unusual. Turns out, we hear from the front of the line, they're searching bags, patting people down, and confiscating cowbells. WHAT?!?!? How dare they?! What's an MSU home game without cowbells! I was rather outraged. I had no way of sneaking my cowbell in. Some of my friends managed to put theirs under clothing, and made it through the gate. I wasn't able to do that, so we called a friend, and he rescued my cowbell from being confiscated. I was ticked off that I couldn't take my cowbell to the game, but nonetheless, still excited about the game. We got through the gate and managed to find where my friends were sitting (because one of them was standing up, ringing her cowbell lol). It was an awesome game. We were playing Southeastern Louisiana. We fully expected to win this game, but then again, we're talking about the Bulldogs...they are not always consistent, shall we say? There were a lot of people there, not only in the student section, but also in the rest of the stadium. We have a huge fan base. There was a teeny tiny section of green and yellow, and the rest maroon! There were some great plays and exciting moments. And my friends are awesome! Because I was lacking a cowbell, I yelled and clapped my hands. Those bulldogs have the idea...my hands hurt and my voice was hoarse when the game ended. I'm finding some way of getting my cowbell in the stadium next game! Oh, and at halftime, the band did a Michael Jackson show. I'm not a big fan, but the whole band did the Thriller dance at the end-that was awesome!!! :) After winning the game 34 to 10 and singing one more round of the fight song, we all headed to our cars and went out for ice cream at Bop's. A perfect ending to the night! I cannot wait til the next home game!!! :)



















No comments: