Thursday, September 11, 2008

Philippians

Philippians 1:9-11
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God.

This verse stood out to me one night last year when I was reading my Bible. I rediscovered it the other night, and it still had the same power and application in my life. I really want my life to reflect these verses. My life's goal is contained in them. I want my love to grow. I want to gain knowledge and insight. I desire to learn discernment because so much hurt and pain can be avoided if you just discern things a little better.

Philippians 4:11-13
...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

While I have not yet learned how to be content in every situation I find myself in, that is certainly something I want to attain. Sometimes I feel like I'm so far away from contentment. I'm workin on it though. :)

Just thought I'd share some things I've been thinking about.

No comments: