Friday, September 12, 2008

Rainbows and Sunshine

I don't have much to post today. Just a picture I took this afternoon and some random thoughts.

I was sitting in the kitchen this afternoon when all of a sudden it started raining. I opened the back door and listened to the rain. The sun was still shining as it was raining, which made a rainbow in the back of our yard. I grabbed my camera and took a picture of it. Pretty neat, if I do say so myself.


On a more serious note, I'm praying for everyone in Texas and Western Louisiana tonight because hurricane Ike is making landfall. A pretty bad storm from what I've seen on the weather channel. So far all my friends and family are all right, and I think they'll ride out the storm just fine. My worst fear is power outages. Then I won't be able to talk on the phone with them! I talk to my mom every day, it would be weird to miss a call. I also talk to Erich almost every day, so that would be weird too. It just occurred to me that what I just wrote was incredibly selfish. I'm sitting here worrying about not getting to talk on the phone with my friends and family, and there are people who are in the middle of a hurricane! I hope there's not a lot of damage from the storm.

Tomorrow is the second home game of the season. We're playing Auburn. We beat them last year away, so surely we can beat them this year. I hope anyway! It will be a very loud game in any case. Starkville is packed to the brim right now. With Bulldog Bash this weekend and all the visitors from Alabama it's impossible to get anywhere tonight. That's why I'm at home sitting on my couch! Even the gas stations were running out of gas. Gee whiz. Anyway, I'm very excited about the game tomorrow! Go Dawgs!!! :)

I'm waiting on a phone call, and then going to watch a movie! Should be a fun night. :)

Hasta luego, mis amigos!

No comments: