Friday, November 13, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 13

Today is Friday the thirteenth!  So, along with that, here is what I am thankful for today: Faith.

Faith is the opposite of superstition and worry.  Faith lets you rest in the assurance that, even though you don't know how it will all happen, things will turn out for good. 

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

I am thankful that I was raised in a home that was based on faith.  My parents modeled that for us to see.  It wasn't only that we went to church (which we did every time the doors opened!), but it was the conversations and actions at home that cemented them.  

I was saved at a young age, age 7.  I still remember that moment 20 years later. I knew that I was making a decision for Christ.  It didn't fully understand all that would mean, but it has always been a constant in my life.  There have been some really hard times where I have questioned and caused others to question me, but I didn't lose my faith completely.  It is hard to grow up and become an adult.  That child-like faith was so easy to me, until I experience heartache and struggles.  It becomes hard.  And especially now, in our society, it is becoming harder and harder to live your faith.  But what are we without it?  I would be nothing but for my God.  We are not the only generation of Christians to be persecuted, and we probably won't be the last.  So practice your faith, and be thankful that it is something that no one can every take away from you. 

Day 1 and 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 and 6
Day 7 and 8
Day 9 and 10
Day 11
Day 12

No comments: