Tuesday, November 10, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 9 and 10


Made it through 10 days! Only 20 more to go!

Day 9:  As I mentioned in my last post, I am very grateful for my family. My extended family is wonderful!  Of course, they are quirky like all families are, but I love them dearly.  On my mother's side, she has 5 brothers and sisters, which makes for so many aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, etc!  Thanksgiving at my grandmother's house is crazy!  There are usually around 50 people there if everyone is able to make it.  So much fun with the little ones running around and the adults having conversations from room to room.  I like to float all around, to make sure I get a chance to visit with everyone.

My dad's side of the family is rather small compared to my mom's!  My grandparents on my dad's side are gone, but we do get together with my uncle, aunt, their kids, and their kids' kids when we can.

Jason's extended family is rather small too.  I really like it too, though, because everyone can sit in one room and be included in the conversation.  It's easier to keep up with what everyone is doing and where they are.  And there are usually some shenanigans going on.  Especially when you get together Jason and his twin 16 year old boy cousins! It's a lot of fun!

Day 10:  I am thankful for my job!  I have only been at this job since April of this year, but I really love it.  I love working at the University where I went to school.  I always said I would go back to school if they paid me, and well- they are!  It's different working with college kids than the general public, but I really like that better.  I also have some pretty great co-workers.  For the most part, everyone gets along really well.  I also enjoy the hours.  I work 8-4 usually, if I skip my lunch break.  I like having the option of not taking a lunch.  For one thing, it saves me money! I always feel like I have to go somewhere if I have an hour break.  So by eating a quick lunch that I've brought from home, I don't feel the need to go somewhere.  And leaving an hour early is very nice!

This has been a great thing for my career, as well as for our finances.  I did get a slight raise when I started this position, which is very much needed since Jason is in school full-time.

Comment and let me know some of the things you are thankful for!

Day 1 and 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 and 6
Day 7 and 8

No comments: