Friday, November 6, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 5 and 6


I missed yesterday, so I'll make up for it today with two posts!

Day 5: I am thankful for my friends!  I have never been the girl with a ton of friends.  I mean, I only have 200 total on Facebook- I know people with thousands!!! But I have always had quality friends in my life.  I have had friends since I was born, since 2nd grade, family that are more like friends, and new friends that I have met along the way.

This is a new season in my life; not having friends right down the road to see often.  When I was a child, I always had at least one or two girls who were practically glued to my hip!  We were always going over to each other's houses.  During high school, we moved away, and I left my best friends back in Mississippi. But thankfully the internet and cell phone were up and coming, and I was able to stay in touch very well.  College was amazing with the amount of time I was able to hang out with my friends and make new friends.  I rarely spent a weekend alone.  It was great!  Now that I am grown (sort of!) and married, my friendships have changed.  I still have those awesome, quality girls (now women!) in my life, but we don't spend tons of time together because we are busy with our separate lives.  They have jobs and husbands too, and I'm sure soon everyone will start having babies! (Oh what a fun time that will be! Auntie Kaitlin...I like it.)

The thing that hasn't changed is that they are there for me when something great or something terrible happens.  There are still those funny or awkward things that happen in life that make me send a quick message to my friend.  I am so blessed to have such amazing women in my life!

Day 6:  I am thankful for my job!  In this trying economy, I know that I am very fortunate to have a full time job that pays well and provides decent benefits.  Especially now, since my husband is going to school full time and I am the sole breadwinner.  It has been a blessing to be able to move to the position I am in now.  I have great co-workers, and I very much enjoy where I work.  One day I hope to be a Work-at-Home-Mom (WAHM), but for this season, I am very grateful for where I am.

Day 1 and 2
Day 3
Day 4

No comments: