Monday, November 2, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness- Day 1 and 2



Yesterday was the first day of November! I love the next three months, November, December, and January because of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year.  There are times spent with family and friends, great food, new and old traditions, and the promise of a new start.

Before I get caught up in the coming Christmas season, I have decided to make the most of my November.  I will be blogging through the month a series on 30 Days of Thankfulness.  I will attempt to do a short post each day on something I am thankful for.

Since I missed yesterday, I will post two things I'm thankful for today.

1)  I am so very thankful for my husband, Jason.  I was so blessed to meet him my senior year of college.  We met and started dating within a month!  It was quick, but both of us just knew we were meant to be together.  We have been through some very tough times, and I'm sure there are more hard things up ahead.  But through it all, we have stuck together and been there for the other.  I don't know how I could navigate this life without my other half.  I'm sure I could do it, but there wouldn't be this level of joy, stability, love, and comfort.  I am thankful for every minute together.  I am constantly reminded that this world is temporary, and that we need to make the most of every day.  I pray that I continue to remember and to always be present.

I love you, Jason!

2)  I am so grateful for my parents.  They have loved unconditionally, supported, directed, and enriched mine and my sibling's lives.

My mother is such a strong and faithful woman.  I aspire to be like her in many ways- her ability to make a house a home; her fierce love for her family; her many, many talents and abilities; her sense of humor and ability to say what needs to be said.  So many things that I have seen her model for me.  She knows me better than almost anyone.  Just from the tone of my voice over the phone, she knows how I am feeling.  She has picked me up more than once- physically as a child, and emotionally as a teenager and adult.  Thank you, Mamma, for everything you have done and all you continue to do for me and for our family.

My dad is hard working, steadfast, and caring.  He has been a model of hard work for my whole life.  Even as a child, when I did not understand nor appreciate the Saturdays of working in the house and the yard, he taught us the value of a strong work ethic.  We did work as a family; everyone pitching in, but we also took time to have fun as a family too.  When my siblings and I got older, we started a family tradition of going out on Christmas Eve for appetizers and dessert at a restaurant, then going to see a movie.  Looking back now, I treasure those times spent working and playing together.  Another thing about my Dad that I love is our goodnight/goodbye hugs.  Every night before bed, I would get a goodnight hug from my dad.  He shows us all that he loves us, and tells us so too. Thank you for the love, hard work, and support that you have shown and continue to show us!

No comments: