Saturday, November 14, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 14


Today, I am thankful for my health.

I am in decently good health.  I have some issues, as most of us do.  I also don't eat or exercise quite like I should.  But when I think about the many people around me who are physically unable to do many simple, daily tasks, I am so thankful that I can.

You know how something can touch your heart in a way you just can't understand? That is how the story of this amazing couple has been with me.  Joey Feek is one half of the country music couple Joey+Rory.  She has stage 4 cervical cancer, and they have done all they can for her.  She is now home on their Tennessee farm with her husband, Rory and her daughter Indy, and other beloved friends and family.  Rory has a blog about their journey, "This Life I Live," that you should really read.  Last night, I came across another blog that had written a post that was a letter to Joey.  You can read it here. She writes to Joey as a fellow mother, telling how she has been guilty of letting the craziness of life get to her.  She has realized now, from a picture of Joey holding her daughter, that Joey probably wishes she could do all the things that this other mother has taken for granted.

Don't take your physical abilities for granted.  They can be taken away at a moment's notice.  It take a split second for an accident to happen or an illness to set in.  Be thankful every day that you breathe, that you go on living and dealing with the craziness in life.

Day 1 and 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 and 6
Day 7 and 8
Day 9 and 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13

No comments: